30 December 2016

Greasepaint: Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hydration: 9/10
Scent: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Packaging: 8/10

Believe the hype! This shit is real! I purchased this when I was in Paris, at one of those coveted French pharmacies you read about on Into the Gloss. It was on my shopping list next to Bioderma and all the Caudalie I could carry. I was always apprehensive about trying Embryolisse because I always read it was uber hydrating and not good for people with oily skin. I'm not sure when my skin turned to normal/dry from classic teenage oil, but it did and I never knew that I needed some intense moisturizer. And this is it, ya'll. It's not night cream thick, so you could definitely wear it during the day (unless you live in the south like I do and the humidity is almost 100% for six months out of the year). I like to wear two thin-ish layers at night and my skin drinks. it. up. It's got a calming scent to it; nothing overwhelming but just enough to make you think you're a classy, chic Parisian woman. It's also a perfect base for makeup once it settles in nicely to your pores and makes you look and - most importantly - feel supple and hydrated. The price is a little woah here in America (but I did find it for $16 for 30 ml on Target's website - I swear if they start carrying this in stores I'll be the happiest beauty junkie) but it's so so worth it!

Makes you feel like: Breathe by Kylie Minogue