13 March 2016

Fashion Week Favorites - London and Milan Fashion Week AW 16

London

Roksanda

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As much as I love a good pair of skinny jeans and a beat up leather jacket, I really love some pussy bow blouses, ruffles, and pleats. And Roksanda is making me want to replace my wannabe rocker wardrobe for some romantic colors and shapes.

Temperley London

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm really more in love with the colors at Temperley. Those icy blues and cool periwinkles are perfect for winter, I think. It's all about the contrast: a wispy dress underneath a strong military jacket; pretty blues for dark winter days.

Milan

Les Copains

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As previously stated, it's all about the contrast. And this is a perfect example of what I love the most about a good, healthy balance: thick, heavy angora knits over sweet delicate lace. I love the black against the pink and grey and the spider brooches mixed with a floral applique skirt. Gimme all of it.

For Restless Sleepers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a fan of prints and that I'm definitely not a fan of animal print. So why do I love this For Restless Sleepers collection so much? Because it conveys a great story and a great character. There's this glamorous woman who lives among all of her luxurious and opulent antique furnitures in the depths of Morocco somewhere. She's an Italian transplant who probably has a pet tiger and a rich husband from Spain. Who knows what her story is; this is why I love fashion.

Agnona

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I think I am slowly moving away from wearing neutral colors. Give me all sorts of blush tones and throw in some grays and tans and we're good to go. Agnona's collection was short and sweet and full of some of my favorite silhouettes from one of my favorite time periods: the mid-20th century.