18 October 2014

five fall favorites

I love lists. I love the fall. Every season I have a few things in mind that are always on constant rotation be it an article of clothing, a beauty product or even something more abstract.

1. burgundy sweater



I stopped into my local thrift shop for the first time in months and came out with burgundy, 100% wool sweater with a perfect neckline for $6. In preparation for this next Chi-beria, I'm getting cozy in my new sweater.

2. Mixed earrings



I've been Googling photos of Rosamund Pike lately and I've noticed her love for a safety pin earring. So of course I jumped right out of bed and sanitized a perfectly sized safety pin and stick it through my ear. And while I was at it, added some mixed elements as well: diamond and pearl.

3. Lauren Hutton inspired hair



I recently chopped my hair off into the long bob and I keep going back to pictures of Lauren Hutton (my ultimate style icon) for hair inspiration. If only I had that tan, though.

4. brown scarf



My sister who lives in Nashville sent me a surprise box with this surprise scarf perfect for transitioning into fall and channeling an Olsen.

5. Jamie Cullum's Momentum

Every fall and winter, I go back to Jamie Cullum for all of my warm and jazzy needs. His most recent album Momentum is a current favorite. Check out tracks The Same Things, When I Get Famous and Love for $ale.

Also, check out Raise, a convenient place to buy and sell gift cards (for the some mix matched earrings, wool sweaters, and Jamie Cullum's discography) for discounted prices. It's good to get a heard start on holiday gifts, ya know. Raise is Chicago-based, so bonus points for that!