20 March 2013

spring and summer wardrobe planning

This spring and summer season I'm incredibly influenced by the 1970s. I always find myself coming back to this decade for style inspiration and for the music, therefore I definitely see it as my favorite period of time. I have always loved those wide leg jeans/bell bottoms that make your legs look a mile long. I love the turtle necks, the warm colors, the blouses and the feathery, soft and wavy hair. The wedges, the jumpsuits, the boots, even the polyester: I love it all. Normally I find myself looking to the 70s during the winter time when I can wear those sweaters and wide leg trousers. This time it's a bit different as I'm looking forward to wearing linen bermudas, wedge sandals and stripes along with the signature Jackie O tortoise shell glasses, feathered hair and the perfect brown leather satchel.

1. A.P.C.

Key pieces: mini skirts, stripes (loud and quiet), cropped jeans, the perfect brown leather satchel, mini dresses belted at the waist, round sunglasses, bermuda shorts, high-waisted khaki skirts, t-shirts, 

2. ChloƩ


Key pieces: billowing shorts, mustard orange, crisp white tank tops, chiffon, tan canvas trousers, khaki.



Key pieces: orange metallic pumps, Mary-Jane heels, Mary-Jane "power" flats, ruffles, more chiffon, pretty tops over crisp and clean shorts.

3. General 1970s summer fabulousness


Key pieces: wide leg light-weight fabric trousers, bandeau tops, tank tops, Mary-Jane heels, crisp white cotton shorts, over sized billowy blouses.