21 July 2015

Greasepaint: Topshop Lips in Rio Rio


Color: 5/5
Texture 4/5
Scent: 0/5
Last: 3/5
Packaging style: 5/5

I have never gotten more compliments on a lipstick than this one. It's not quite a red, which makes it so much fun. It's slightly orange but not too orange. It won't make you look washed out. For someone who associates a red lip with winter and the holidays, I tend to not reach for my reds in the summer months (with the exception of a nice rogue during the 4th of July). But now that Rio Rio is in my possession, it will always be my summer go to. I tend to like orange as a staple color for June through August anyway. The packaging is ace. All of Topshop's beauty line is which makes it all the more tempting to buy. There's no scent to it, which is nice since all of my other makeup seems to have some sort of fragrance. The texture could be a little thicker. I like to actually feel my lipstick on (Estée Lauder lippys are great for this if you're like me) and this one leans more towards a stain. I'd say it's in the middle of being a stain and a true lipstick. It also doesn't last very long. I wore it to work the other day for four hours and I talk a lot with customers and by the time I got back into my car and checked the mirror, some of the insides of my lips were showing. It's a fantastic summer color but the texture and last on it could be a little better.

Feels like: I Was Gonna Cancel by Kylie Minogue