07 July 2015

Greasepaint: Caudalíe Hand and Nail Cream






Moisturizing: 3/5
Scent: 6/5
Consistency: 4/5
Packaging style: 4/5

I've never tried anything from French brand Caudalíe before. It's very much out of my price range. But my lovely friend and big-sister-I've-never-had sent me this hand and nail cream for my birthday. I gotta say, this stuff smells amazing. It smells like fancy Fruity Pebbles - a more grown up version of the cereal, if you will. It could translate as a little too strong for some people, however. It's probably best to wear it at night right before bed as it could clash with your daily perfume.

While I'm not a huge fan of separate hand creams (I just slap on my normal body lotion for hand lotion), I have been using this creme before bed just because it's a nice nightly routine: fresh out of the shower + Aquaphor + chug some water + Caudalíe hand creme. I don't feel that it moisturizes all that well, however. After a few minutes I find myself reaching for my body lotion as my knuckles become dry. Either it doesn't moisturize well or my hands are just soaking this stuff up like a desert in need of water. It also makes my palms a little greasy. I think it's a fun hand creme to have on your bedside table (or hydration station if you're my best friend B), but I don't think it's a good hand creme to always keep on tap for everyday moisture.

Smells like: Cocoon by Alpines