08 December 2013

weekly happiness 02

1. Lingerie shopping





All of the sudden, I'm very much into online shopping for lingerie. I'm not sure why, but I'm not questioning it because it's fun and it's necessary for me at this point to invest in some grown up bras and panties. I absolutely hate shopping at Victoria's Secret. Their bras never fit me and they are always full of ugly, loud colors and ugly, messy prints. Although they are cheaper than the bras I have pictured here, wearing ugly lingerie is just not acceptable for me. I stumbled across these two lingerie companies and have fallen in love with the simple, sexy, and muted color palette of both brands. True and Co seemed to have the best bras and best customer service of the two (the try-on-at-home deal is incredible and one of my favorite bloggers is a co-founder so I got a discount). True and Co has a deal where you pay $45 for their try-on-at-home service where you pick 3 bras that match your quiz results and the people at the company pick two more. The $45 then goes towards whatever bras you buy or you get the money back. Sounds like a win to me. I've ordered some and I can't wait for them to arrive. Lonely Lingerie's panties seemed to fit my wishlist more than True and Co's. I like regular, basic brief panties but in lace and muted colors and Lonely has the hookup.

2. Good Company



Issue 1: Roots / Issue 2: Anchor

Really into reading lifestyle blogs and magazines about improving your life and making new dishes from fabulous new recipes and "Good Company" is curing that lust. The magazine divides itself up into three sections: people, tools and ingredients and makes everything very simple to comprehend and read. Most of the time I get intimidated by food magazines but "Good Company" is as easy as it gets. Also, the pictures and over all aesthetic are absolutely stunning. Everything is very clean and very fresh. Bonus points, too, because the publication occasionally focuses on Chicago.

3. Young Hollywood





Kiernan Shipka / Chloë Grace Moretz / AnnaSophia Robb

These ladies are who all 14, 16 and 19 year old's should be looking to for inspiration, respectively. Kiernan Shipka of "Mad Men", Chloë Grace Moretz and AnnaSophia Robb are all stylish and mature young girls that have taken television and film by storm. Miss Kiernan is the most mature 14 year old I've ever seen. Her style is classic and feminine (the girl rocks Oscar de la Renta, and check out her lookbook on The Cut) and I sort of hope that the people over at the house of Chloé recognize her in a few years because I can definitely see a Chloé-girl in the making. And her performance as sassy Miss Sally Draper is making me excited to see her career grow. I've had a girl crush on Chloë Moretz for about a year now (some stranger said that I resemble "that girl from Kick-Ass" and I about died from the wonderful compliment). Her filmography is also impressive; Kick-Ass, Carrie, 500 Days of Summer, Hugo, The Amityville Horror and Let Me InChloë's style has also captured my attention and love, appealing to the darker and urban side of my own personal style (i.e. this look before her appearance at a Dior show in Paris). And Miss AnnaSophia Robb who is making me so happy playing Carrie Bradshaw on "The Carrie Diaries". She is absolutely portraying young Carrie to a tee. Although originally from Colorado, she has that California-fresh faced-blonde look that I love with a very sweet and, again, age appropriate style.

4. "Personal Yeezus"



As a now "out" fan of Kanye West and a die hard Depeche Mode fan, I've definitely taken advantage of this hilarious and surprisingly good mash up of Kanye's "Black Skinhead" and Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" brilliantly titled "Personal Yeezus". My roommate told me about the track and apparently it was released this summer after people started comparing the beat on "Black Skinhead" to DM's "Personal Jesus". I think the two tracks mesh extremely well together and I'm actually a fan of the track. As a Devotee, I love seeing how the Mode's music is transcending time.