01 July 2012

island life














Last year my summer playlist had more of a California beach vibe but this year there's more of a Tahiti, Cancun, Caribbean beach vibe. I love islands, tropical beaches that meet with jungles, heavy dark green foliage, turquoise water, rolling mountains. Pretty much any geographical description that is seen in these photos. A few are from a Vogue Japan August 2012 editorial with Toni Garnn, one is from Vogue Portugal and the YouTube screen caps are from Duran Duran's music video for Rio. Rio is the main song of the playlist because of its funky bass guitar riff and bubbly personality. The title of the playlist is even from the song. A close second is Madonna's La Isla Bonita because of its lyrics: "tropical the island breeze, all of nature wild and free, this is where I long to be, la isla bonita." La isla bonita means the beautiful island and where ever Madonna was referring to, I'd love to go to. Despite the humidity of tropical islands and the bugs, I just want to end up in some sea side resort with my all white wardrobe and mermaid hair.